The protection of your privacy when using our website is important to us. That is why we would like to explain to you how we use your data on our website.
- We handle your information responsibly and for a specific purpose.
- We are aware of the importance of the information you entrust us with.
- We only use the information necessary for business processing.
- We will not provide your information to third parties without your consent.
- We use recognised security measures to prevent the misuse of your information.
If you wish your personal information to be permanently erased, please contact us at email@example.com.
What information do we collect from our website visitors?
- For statistical purposes we may collect non-personal information from you as a website visitor such as the browser type used by you, the location of your IP address, the pages visited, as well as the date, time and duration of your visit.
- We only collect personal information if you place an order on our website, subscribe to our e-mail newsletter or complete a form and you voluntarily provide this information yourself. When placing an order or registering on our website you may be requested to provide your name, e-mail address, telephone number or your company.
- We do not collect any sensitive information such as credit card numbers, tax office information, social security information, passport numbers, driving licence numbers or other information such as religious affiliation, health information, employment details or creditworthiness information.
- We also do not collect data from minors. If you have any indications that information about minors has nevertheless been collected, we ask you to contact us. We will delete this information immediately.
What do we use this information for?
All information we collect from visitors to our website (whether non-personal or personal) can be used in one of the following ways:
- to improve our website and the user experience
- to personalise our web services and e-mails
- to improve our customer support
- to send out marketing information by e-mail
- to process product and sales enquiries and orders
- to provide (test) accounts for web services
How is personal information stored?
In principle, information entered on our website is via an encrypted connection. We use recognised security measures and clear procedures for storing your personal information in order to protect it from unauthorised access and misuse. Personal information is stored on secure servers in monitored, secure environments.
To process downloads made available on our website, registration and contact forms, marketing e-mails (including newsletters) we use the marketing automation software HubSpot. The personal information entered by visitors to our website (generally this is name, e-mail address, company) is stored on HubSpot’s servers. All information collected via HubSpot is without exception subject to our data protection provisions, will not be used by third parties and is used exclusively for our marketing and generation of leads.
We retain personal information for as long as we consider it useful for business contact. After such time, we delete this information. If you wish your personal information to be permanently erased, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unsubscribing from e-mails
You can unsubscribe from our marketing e-mails at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the end of every e-mail, or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com (please state “Unsubscribe e-mails” in the subject line).
Please note that you must receive e-mails for certain of the services offered by us (e.g. for technical faults, activation processes, etc.).
Do we provide your information to third parties?
Your personal information provided to us will not be sold, exchanged, transferred or disclosed to other companies without your consent apart from for the express purpose of providing the product purchased or the service requested.
We reserve the right to appoint third parties (e.g. advertising agencies) to provide services for visitors to our website. We will ensure that these service providers observe our data protection provisions and treat the information entrusted to them with the appropriate sensitivity.
Social media functions
Our website contains links to other websites. We neither verify third party websites nor are we responsible for their content or processes. Our links to third party websites should not be interpreted as meaning that we agree with the content or support its owners. These data protection provisions do not refer to websites to which we provide links.
We offer a publicly accessible comment function in our blog that you can use for publishing. Please bear in mind that all information you publish on our website can be captured and used by third parties. We will correct or delete all information you have published on our website if you request this. To do this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The comment feature includes the free reCAPTCHA service to protect against spam and abuse.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. On behalf of the operator of the website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, compile reports on website activity, and provide other services regarding website and internet use to the website operator.
The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is your consent in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR. The recipient of the collected data is Google. Personal data will be transferred to the USA under the EU-US Privacy Shield on the basis of the European Commission's adequacy decision. You can download the certificate here.
The data sent by us and linked to cookies, user-identifiers (e.g. User-IDs) or advertising-identifiers are automatically deleted after 14 months. Data whose retention period has been reached is automatically deleted once a month.
You can also block the cookie’s collection of data regarding your use of this website (including your IP address) as well as the processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing this browser plug-in.
Opt-out cookies will prevent future collection of your data when you visit this website. To prevent Universal Analytics from collecting data across different devices, you must opt-out on all systems used. If you click here, the opt-out cookie will be set: Disable Google Analytics
Changes to our data protection guideline
If we make changes to our data protection guideline, we will update the revised date of the data protection guideline stated below.
This data protection guideline was last amended on 25 May 2018.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or would like to receive information (Art.15 - EU-DSGVO) on the personal data that you have stored or if you would like to request an adjustment or deletion, please contact us:
1220 Vienna, Austria
Data protection officer: Roman Kellner