Case study Microsoft Austria
Flexible call routing for a customer hotline that is available worldwide
Microsoft Austria’s existing telephone system was enhanced with atms Network ACD, a virtual telephone exchange within the atms network. The combination of a geographical fixed line number and a 00800 global freeline allows customer enquiries from all over the world to be processed.
“atmsNetworkACD´s comprehensive range of services made it possible to support and improve our telephone customer service quickly and easily without having to invest in hardware.”
Alexander Ruzicka, Senior IT Manager Microsoft Austria GmbH
About Microsoft Austria
Microsoft Austria GmbH is a subsidiary of the Microsoft Corporation, the global market leader in software, services and Internet technologies for personal and business use. Microsoft was founded in the USA in 1975 and today has a presence in over 100 countries. The company has had a registered office in Vienna since 1991.
Microsoft Austria GmbH required flexible and practical call routing options for its existing telephone system. Engineers were supposed to be given different priorities and be able to log into the system from a phone so that they would be available for customer enquiries. Prioritization of the engineers was supposed to be a very simple procedure not necessitating any additional training.
The following additional weaknesses were identified and needed to be remedied:
- No on-hold system present
- No overview of or statistics on incoming calls
- No overflow option
- No intelligent network features
- Provider response to routing changes takes more than an hour
- No automatic recognition of the origin and routing of calls
atms Network ACD, a virtual telephone exchange within the atms network, enhances Microsoft Austria’s existing telephone system with numerous customer-oriented features:
- The new system can be operated easily and independently – at a reasonable cost – via the Internet.
- Incoming telephone calls are directly and automatically routed with pinpoint accuracy within the company – and this not only applies to calls from Austria, because the combination of a geographical fixed line number and a 00800 global freeline allows the processing of customer enquiries from all over the world.
- The service is further enhanced by a customised on-hold system and overflow routing options with a range of priorities.
- In line with Microsoft Austria’s stated requirements, engineers and field staff can autonomously dial into the telephone system via the fixed line network or mobile networks using a PIN code and thus provide round-the-clock expert support to customers – regardless of geographical location. Prioritization of engineers can be achieved with just a few clicks in a personalized online area via the atmsServicePortal. Comprehensive statistics on the system’s performance can also be viewed here at all times.
Are you interested in a similar solution? Get more infos about Cloud ACD from atms here:
Created on: 06/09/2009